Facial rejuvenation can be effectively achieved by acupuncture and is more commonly called as an acupuncture facelift. It is a Chinese cosmetic technique which helps in rejuvenating the facial features and gets rid of the fine lines and facial wrinkles. The Chinese acupuncture technique achieves this by improving the blood circulation in the face and increasing the skin's natural anti-aging power.
So how does acupuncture work?
Acupuncture, as we all know, is the insertion of fine needles into specific points on the body, which helps the body recover from various ailments. So how can it be used in facial rejuvenation?
A trained acupuncture specialist would insert needles on specific points on the face. This would activate the glands and the 'feel good' hormones are released. Acupuncture mainly activates the energy pathways of the face to release energy, or better known as 'Qi'. The blood circulation in the face also increases as a result of this. This keeps the skin hydrated and nourished with nutrients.
What are the various facial conditions that can be treated by acupuncture?
Facial rejuvenation includes treating various conditions such as dry skin, wrinkles, fine lines, scars, blemishes, etc.
- Reduction of fine lines: Fine lines are the primary sign of aging. They often leave a shabby look on the face and can lead to wrinkles. Acupuncture increases the flow of blood to the skin and also stimulates the release of hormones. This helps in getting rid of the fine lines.
- Reduction of wrinkles: Wrinkles are much severe and deeper compared to fine lines. Since acupuncture increases the blood circulation and makes the skin more moist and softer, the wrinkles will be eliminated gradually after a few acupuncture sessions.
- Treating acne: Acne is caused mostly due to the excess release of sebum from the sebaceous glands. Acupuncture stimulates the release of hormones, which reduce the activity of the sebaceous glands, thereby preventing acne. Also, the flow of Qi through the facial tissues would keep the skin healthy and hydrated, which would prevent the outburst of acne.
- Stimulates the collagen production: Collagen is the main component in our skin which holds the structure of skin together and helps in re-growth in case of an injury. Acupuncture stimulates the production of collagen, thereby helping the skin to heal and produce new skin cells. This would increase the overall health of the skin.
- Treating droopy eyelids: Droopy eyelids can be caused due to saggy or loose skin and also due to aging. Acupuncture tones the skin aptly and gets rid of the saggy skin.
- Tightening of pores: As acupuncture is used to tone the skin, the skin would be restored to its normal tone and softness. As a result, pores will be tightened, which would prevent the accumulation of bacteria in them.
- Scar treatment: Scars are embedded deep in the skin and are caused mostly due to acne. Other causes of scarred skin are injuries, burns, skin diseases, etc. As acupuncture stimulates the production of collagen, new skin cells will replace the dead ones, thereby lightening the scar in a very short period of time.
- Minimizing puffiness: Excessive growth of tissues on the face can lead to the puffy skin. This can be treated with the help of acupuncture, as it helps to rightly tone the skin.
All of the above-described benefits would definitely help rejuvenate your skin and make you feel much confident about how you look. The flow of Qi throughout the face would slow down the aging process, making you look much younger. Getting an acupuncture facelift would help you maintain skin that is well moisturized, healthy and free from numerous skin conditions.