Acupuncture is an ancient Chinese treatment procedure. Fine needles, which are well sterilized, are inserted on specific points of the body to stimulate certain glands and organs. It has several benefits and has been medically proved as well.
How does acupuncture work?
We know that the blood flows in our body in specific pathways called the blood vessels. Similarly, the 'Life Energy' or 'Qi' flows through the body in specific pathways called the meridians. Qi is the energy of the body that improves the body's immunity, protects the body from diseases, gets rid of the pain and boosts the body's ability to heal. It is said that Qi flows through 14 pathways in the body, and helps in the supply of energy to every cell, tissue, and organ of the body.
What are the medical conditions that acupuncture helps resolve?
- Autoimmune disorders: Sometimes, the body's immune system malfunctions and attacks the body's own tissues and organs. Such a disorder is called an autoimmune disorder. Acupuncture can be used to suppress the activity of the immune system, thereby preventing it from attacking the body's own tissues.
- Cancer: Cancer is caused when the body's immune system gives up against the pathogens and the cancer cells start to colonize. Acupuncture helps in making the immune system stronger and thereby, indirectly helps in fighting cancer.
- Cardiovascular issues: Cardiovascular issues are nothing but high blood pressure and high levels of cholesterol. Getting acupuncture done releases hormones into the body which effectively reduce the blood pressure. They also help in eliminating the bad cholesterol in the body.
- Aging and other facial issues: This is one of the major benefits of acupuncture. Many skin conditions such as dry skin, wrinkles, acne fine lines, saggy skin, droopy eyeballs, double chin, uneven skin tone, etc. can be treated effectively using acupuncture. It increases the circulation of blood in the skin and also hydrates it, making the skin healthy and filled with nutrients.
- Skin problems: Other skin related issues such as eczema, psoriasis, acne, shingles, hives, etc can also be treated using acupuncture. It is achieved by the release of hormones and also by increasing the flow of Qi and blood in the body.
- Digestive disorders: Many digestive issues such as constipation, diarrhea, indigestion, hyperacidity, etc. can be treated using acupuncture. In addition to this, it improves the body's ability to digest food and helps get rid of bowel and stomach related infections.
- Pain: This is another major benefit of acupuncture. The treatment process activates certain glands to release hormones, which help get rid of body pains. It also relaxes the muscles and increases the blood flow to them.
- Obesity: Acupuncture stimulates the release of hormones of the body called endorphins, which prevents the need for excessive eating by inducing a soothing effect. They also get rid of the bad cholesterol in the body, thereby effectively reducing the body weight.
- Reproductive issues: Acupuncture can treat issues such as infertility, sexual dysfunction, prostatitis, etc in men. In women, issues such as infertility, menstruation issues such as PMS, painful menstruation, menopausal symptoms, etc. can be treated using acupuncture.
- Stress and anxiety: Stress and anxiety are the most common psychological disorders that most people face. It is mostly due to the malfunction of hormones, lifestyle, and changes in the environment. Acupuncture stimulates the release of the body's 'feel good' hormones, which help in reducing the stress and anxiety.
Acupuncture, coupled with Chinese medicine and massage, can be used to treat various conditions. What's best about acupuncture is that it has no side-effects and is not painful at all.